Make your own massage oil melts this year for Valentine's Day (or any day)!
Natural massage oil melts made with Shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax melt at body temperature and leave your skin incredible soft and smooth. Key for turning any day (or night) into a spa day Use your favorite essential oil blends to relax your mind, rejuvenate your body, or invigorate your mood!
Each ingredient in our massage oil melts was hand-selected for its contribution to healthy skin and an incredible feel.
Shea butter - full of nutrients and vitamins, it is an excellent moisturizer for dry skin and helps to protect the oils naturally found on the skin
Coconut Oil - silky smooth and nourishing, it also has anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties
Beeswax - adds a touch of hardness to the oil melts and, once on your skin, provides a protective barrier to prevent loss of moisture
28 g Shea Butter (2 Tbsp)
28 g Coconut oil (2 Tbsp)
7 g beeswax (1.5 tsp)
6-8 drops essential oils
Yield: 40 melts (each melt is approximately 1cm cubed)
- Measure all ingredients into a glass bowl.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1-2 minutes with stirring every 20 seconds or so until all oils are just melted.
- Add 6-8 drops of your favorite essential oils and stir. I used 4 drops lavender and 4 drops lemongrass.
- Pour oil into your mold. I used a small silicone mold to give tiny melts (about 1 cm across), but this would be awesome in a larger bar as well.
- Freeze 20 minutes or so until completely solid.
- Turn mold upside down and pop your massage oil melts out of it.
- Place in a decorative glass container - check out your local dollar store for ideas - and add some Valentine's Day Massage Coupons (get the pdf here) for a gift that will WOW!